Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Little More About Me

       Last year I wrote "About Me" and how I came to Reiki.  Thought it time to add a little more.  
       Having experienced illness in my younger years, I always felt a desire to use that knowledge to help others.  I also learned first hand what it is like to be a family member of someone ill and the importance of advocacy in the medical system.
       My formal path began with a career in Diagnostic Imaging, doing X-Ray, Radiation Therapy and MRI.  I took a break from technology in the 70's to obtain both BA and MA degrees from University of Rhode Island.  In May 1978 I was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa key.
       After working with Viet Nam veterans under a grant the VA received, I returned to the medical setting to do dialysis social work and, later, patient advocacy in the Consumer Relations Department at Rhode Island Group Health Association.
       I spoke earlier of how I came to Reiki.  I became a Master/Teacher of Usui Reiki in September 2008 and Karuna Reiki (R)in May 2010.  I was certified in the Pathway Prayer Process(C) to access the Akashic Records November 2010.
       In August 2011 I was initiated into the beautiful energy of Magnified Healing(R) when I studied with Gladys Alicea and did a Table Tipping workshop, a form of physical mediumship, with author Teresa Lally.  Fall of 2011, my path brought me to study angel communication with Karen Paolino, who was certified by Doreen Virtue.
       As time goes on, I grow ever more passionate about the benefits of healing energy and the joy of mentoring people as their healing and spiritual gifts unfold.  This is my path for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment